Wednesday 17 July 2013

Ontario

Breyden crossed into Ontario yesterday.  I just need to take a minute to let that totally sink in.  It is so hard to believe that just under 4 months ago he left Horseshoe Bay on his walk to raise awareness and funds for cancer research. He has walked over 2,400 kilometers and fully crossed 4 provinces so far. Motivated by his desire to help a friend suffering from Leukemia, he just keeps on going, averaging over 30 km a day.

Still I need to do a big request for everyone to make a donation and help him realize his financial goal towards the Canadian Cancer Society. 

I am very excited about the upcoming fundraiser for him this Saturday.  My good friend Len, manager of the Shell Station at 96th Street and Scott Road (120th) in Surrey BC, and the owner, Neeraj are holding a big Car Wash Fundraiser to help raise money for the expenses of the trip that allow Breyden to continue every day on his walk for the Canadian Cancer Society.  I will be there to help and with a donation table to donate directly to the CCS as well.

I am letting my car get good and dirty and am looking forward to getting it washed up nice and shiny again.  What about you?  Come on down and get your vehicle all clean for the weekend. Have a hotdog, a lemonade (a classic lemonade stand from some local grade 5 boys!) and come over and say hi.  I'd love to meet some of the blog readers.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Daryl
(on behalf of Breyden Walken Erickson)

No comments:

Post a Comment